Kelly Overseas

Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Globe in all its glory!




















The Globe... well... it was all I imagined and more! It looks tiny from the inset but once filled with people it comes to life! The simple question, 'To be or not to be a groundling?' ( the poor peasants who stand for the whole time!!!) never even crossed my mind - I was born for the comfort of queens - hehehe woteva! I'm just a plain, old chick from NZ but I was much relieved to know that we had seats in the gallery and with a pound for a cushion, the two hours traffic of the stage would fly by.
'A Comedy Of Errors' was a laugh and I loved the way the actors interacted with the crowd, especially with the bald jokes and Dromio's search for countries on his rather bucksome 'wife'! When he said he looked for ...someone yelled out 'Spain' and well, they improvised a response (either that or it was staged) but I won't repeat what was said! However, it was in keeping as Shakespeare was a saucy lad! All in all, it was an experience not to be missed (great place, great show and great company!!! Photo: Dee, me and Michelle - my fellow drama fiends) and I will definitely be going again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home